Friday, 19 September 2008

Telling tales~Two monks

Many ages ago,There were two monks in the same village.One was rish and the other was penniless.They had had the same wish in their whole life.The wish was to go to the west get to a special book for Buddhism.The west was really far to them,needing to be a rough crossing and passing though forests.The road was absolutely treacherous.

The rich monk had been preparing vehicle,food,gold and clothes and what he thought nessary.So he still hadn't departed yet.One day ,"I'm ready to go the west."said the poor one.

I've prepared it for a long time and I've till felt not enough.Could tell me what you have prepared,please."said the rich one with a laugh.

"a bowl only because i m a frair when i'm hungary and thirsty.If it going to be a rough crossing,I'll wait kind people and they'll give me a lift.If i meet monsters.I'll run and fight them so I set off now." said the poor one.

"Ok good luck"said the rich one with a big puzzled face.

After many years.The poor one had finished his dream and returned.He visited the rich monk and brought him a gift .It was lovely book about buddhism.The rich monk was embassed because he hadn't departed yet.

This story was told when i was child and it let me know if i have something want to do.I should just do it and have a try.Perhaps,they were very different as we were thinking.Also human is the same.Someone who has good look but we've never known the inside .

No comments: