Friday, 5 September 2008

Be Happy

In English language. A lot of words express happy. For instance pleasant, joyful, glad , delighted and blissful. They have all happy mean but I don't discuss about language. I want to know what happiness is.

In the world, most people have to make money because we need food. I usually watch the Discovery and Geographical channels. In the animal's world, the losers become the winner's food. That's a fact of life. Sometimes I am happy to be human. I don't need to kill someone for my dinner but I sometimes also feel we have the same destiny.

I've heard a story about a child interviewed his father for his homework. The question was what happiness is ?"If I can eat then I am happy", said his father .The child was annoyed about this answer. He thought his father didn't pay attention to what he was saying. "If you interviewed me .you shouldn't get annoyed, should you ?"said his father with a laugh. After that, the child asked again. "If I can sleep then I m happy", replied his father. The child was angry and wanted to ask his mother. His father caught then telling him ."if were a good journalist, you should respect what my answers were,shouldn't you?",answered his father. Eventually, the child asked once. "If I can laugh then I am happy" said his father. He told to his child. "Do you know which three things are the simplest in the world? The answers are eating, sleeping and laughing. They are also the most difficult things.

I look back on my whole life especially when I was working. Most of the time i couldn't sleep or have a laugh. I often ate as fast as I could and with keyboards and monitors. I couldn't lose my job so I had to be hardworking. For what? for life. Where is the end? How much is enough. What sort of life is better? I think his father's answers are really thoughtful.

No comments: